Skip to main content

Re-plug: Telepathy At Its Peak

One day, walking down the streets of Pune, I just wondered, if only it was Durgapur!! I just wondered to myself, if only I could hear a voice calling out my name…. If only sun rose in this shady city!! And…Wo!! 1000 miles away from Durgapur, I heard a voice shouting from nowhere “Neha!!”
For a while, I thought, it was a dream and need not know where to look for the voice, so just as I was about to peep into my heart, I heard that same voice shouting my name…I jumped up and looked back!! And there he was, with his naive smile spread all over his face…he came closer to me infusing the same innocence in my heart!
Telepathy was at its peak!!


Stupid as I am; stupid as we are, one evening, the arrival of our friend to our flat, made us so excited that we forgot that our flat’s door had an interlock. With excitement beaming within us, we ran with them to show them our patio. When the night crept in and our friends left for their shelter, we came down and looked at each others face hoping that the key to our shelter would be with someone at least…!! But No!! It wasn’t!! In the worst of our dresses, 6 girls were left looking at each others face knowing not where to spend the night…..Time doesn’t stop and rain doesn’t come only when Barsha wants!! So the clock kept on ticking and rain started pouring….Even after trying all the ways out, when we couldn’t manage out anything, we decided to sleep outside. Cuddling around and trying to find warmth in each other, we sat, ate and tried to sleep in the portico outside our cozy, lovely flat, 407! I do not remember the time exactly, but it was surely somewhere around mid night, I closed my eyes beside Payal and hoped “If only He was here, if only I could open my eyes and I find Annoy standing in front of me!”
I opened my eyes I do not know why and with what hope just to find Annoy, Raja and Motu standing in front of us!! Tears rolled down my check and I shrieked “Annoy!!”
Telepathy was at its peak!!

That same night, 7th August 2002, at around 4 am, we decided to go downstairs and find the boys who had sacrificed their sleep and were waiting in the bus stand, for us. Hoping to see the sun shine with them and giving them company, we went downstairs, but Alas!! They were no where to be seen. Panic struck us… the busy streets of Koregaon Park were deadlier than the graveyard!! After a lot of consideration we decided to head towards the station, which didn’t give a damn to time, and sheltered all who went to it. So, cramming in an auto, 6 ladies of various sizes, headed towards the station. Just imagine the audacity of my heart, in the busy Pune station, it again cried “If only the boy was here!” From a tea stall the boy had to shout “Oi Neha!” and by now as you must have already guessed… it wasn’t that I was dreaming, but he had truly seen us crossing that tea stall and had ran out for our rescue.
Yes… telepathy was its peak!!

Had come down to Durgapur for our holidays and was taking a nap. It was quite a few days since we had met, so I was missing him and was hoping to see him. But, did not know why I had not called him and said the same to him… I guess coz I had preferred my heart talking to his, than my voice! Sleep was just encroaching into me and dreams where flocking on to my eyes…when the bell rang. I smiled in my dreams and said “It is him!” my sis ran downstairs to open the door only to find my stupid boy standing with Raja.
Telepathy once again was at its peak!!

I am finding no words better than a few lines by Alfred Noyes, to speak for me…
“The wind was a torrent of darkness upon the gusty trees,
The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas,
The road was a ribbon of moonlight looping the purple moor,
And the highwayman came riding--
Riding--riding--
The highwayman came riding, up to the old inn door.”

Since 9th January 2010, I woke up every morning, hoping to see my man beside me. But, my heart had become fragile and my dreams had lost it strength, so it took more time for my Highwayman to arrive than he usually does. But, came my Highwayman riding, riding, riding….! 


Telepathy will always be at its peak!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bhuter chaya

Kichu kichu mukh, jothat hothat emon bhabe chokher samney majhe-sajhe bhense othey, je ami nijei ghabre jai...tar sathey amar joog dhore kotha nei, tar kono khobor nai amar kache r na ami konodin nebar chesta korechi, na ami tar kotha bhabi na habar somoi pai, tobe keno sey emon bhabe amar swapne asey?!?! prothome abcha chilo, diye poriskar hoye uthlo sei chauni, sei hansi...ar kenpe uthlo amar moner bhetorta...hothat kotha theke elo? keno elo? ki chai? o ekta cigarette chaitey esechilo. emni te amar sathey soja mukhey kotha boltona, aj bolchey prai 4 bochor pore. bhalo lagalagir kono scene nei, moner modhye sudhu ghurche ek jhaank prosno...ki kore? keno? hothat? ki byapar?swapne to amra tader ke dekhi jara amader kachey important....tobey ei bostuti keno? tobey ki otar kichu holo? kundan bole negative kokhonno bhabte nei, ami bhabte chai-o na. r kenoi ba bhabbo emon ekjoner jonyo negative jar jonyo ami kichui bhabina. tobe jokhon achomka ese hana dei, tokhon to ar bhalo kichu mat

Love and only love…The Letter

On entering the house after 48 hours, Akhilesh was welcomed by the fresh smell of the passion flower & rose from his balcony. His 1BHK in Malviya Nagar has been done with utmost love & perfection. He has handpicked everything: be it the flower pots or the furniture. Each furniture was of low height and in sync with the wall colours, the best of the lot being the Japanese dining table placed near the balcony, at a place from where he could sit and watch the open sky. He had to pay a hefty deposit for this house, for getting such a place in Delhi was a dream of many. But, not all were Akhilesh! A smile came on his lips as he recalled the efforts invested behind this small piece of property. He ran his fingers through his long hair and scanned through the room. He has painted the walls with utmost care and each stroke reflected his perfection. Though he has picked up some chicken tandoori and roti from the shop downstairs, he had no appetite. Keeping his shoes on the rack,

A Pinch of Selfishness

It was becoming customary for Hiya to steal some time for herself at this hour of the evening. With a strong mug of coffee in her hand, she stood in her terrace, looking past the horizon. All through her life, she has been a sorted daughter, wife, daughter-in-law and a conventional professional. But, recently Hiya has started feeling endangered. Her disciplined, analytical and systematic life has been slipping out of her hands, recently. Since last 6 months, her thoughts were not in her control and her actions were against her principles. She vividly remembers the 1 st time she has seen the baby, her baby, her son. That was a moment of numbness: the last drop of emotion was somehow quenched out of her. For a second, she had sensed a drop of tear near the corner of her left eye. But, later on she had reconfirmed to herself that it was just her delusion. Love… what an insignificant expression. She doesn’t love her son. They don’t love their son.   Their feeling for their son wa