Skip to main content

For Yesterday’s Memories… Today’s Love.. & Tomorrow’s Dreams…


A year passed by without a single write up…surprising….how limited  my thoughts have become…it seems to have lost its wings… but some thousand elephants are on a  stampede in stomach, butterflies are flying around everywhere in my head…and why not? I am all set to have the “Delhi ki laddu”. The countdown has begun… just 58 more days left & my status would change from single to married. Finally, I would be stepping into a new life& am I happy? I don’t know…there’s so much of apprehension that there’s no space for pure childlike happiness. 

Today’s weather is lovely…it’s perfect for sitting on the portico with a steaming hot cup of coffee. Unlike my mind, the sky is clear & like a baby the stars are smiling down on us. My friends from Durgapur, staying far away from their homeland are truly missing out the perfect welcome to the year 2012, given by nature.

It’s great realization that every morning when I would wake up I would find my love cuddled beside me, sleeping like the most beautiful child, I have seen till date. It’s breathtaking to think that I would always have him to share the steaming hot coffee in such a lovely weather. It has been a long journey with him, first as acquaintances, then friends, then lovers & now as a fiancé. He had always been beside me, then why do we need some piece of paper to bind our relationship…I already respect his parents, then why do I need to change my relationship with them just because we will sign some paper…question question question…there are so many questions & not a single answer to any of these. How can it be so? People say each question has an answer then why isn’t anyone answering my question!?!? As usual I do not know what I writing & why I am writing but I am just typing, & trying to let me thoughts fly so high that the stupid elephants stop their dance.

The day I accepted his love is still so unsullied in my mind. Everything seems as if it happened just yesterday. We have seen so much together in the last 10 years…so many memories which I wouldn’t let go off for any price. This strange guy has come into my life & since then he has changed so much in me… I don’t write diary anymore, don’t talk to myself, don’t cry in front of the mirror, & can’t think of staying alone for a day also. He has made me so much like him!! It’s good that I started writing, coz right now sitting here I am no more afraid to be married, I am no more afraid to be his wife

How to be a good wife I have little clue
But I know my love will guide me through
Will give me the strength to subdue
All challenges that I may bump into.
This is because I love you too
To have you as my husband is a dream come true

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bhuter chaya

Kichu kichu mukh, jothat hothat emon bhabe chokher samney majhe-sajhe bhense othey, je ami nijei ghabre jai...tar sathey amar joog dhore kotha nei, tar kono khobor nai amar kache r na ami konodin nebar chesta korechi, na ami tar kotha bhabi na habar somoi pai, tobe keno sey emon bhabe amar swapne asey?!?! prothome abcha chilo, diye poriskar hoye uthlo sei chauni, sei hansi...ar kenpe uthlo amar moner bhetorta...hothat kotha theke elo? keno elo? ki chai? o ekta cigarette chaitey esechilo. emni te amar sathey soja mukhey kotha boltona, aj bolchey prai 4 bochor pore. bhalo lagalagir kono scene nei, moner modhye sudhu ghurche ek jhaank prosno...ki kore? keno? hothat? ki byapar?swapne to amra tader ke dekhi jara amader kachey important....tobey ei bostuti keno? tobey ki otar kichu holo? kundan bole negative kokhonno bhabte nei, ami bhabte chai-o na. r kenoi ba bhabbo emon ekjoner jonyo negative jar jonyo ami kichui bhabina. tobe jokhon achomka ese hana dei, tokhon to ar bhalo kichu mat

Love and only love…The Letter

On entering the house after 48 hours, Akhilesh was welcomed by the fresh smell of the passion flower & rose from his balcony. His 1BHK in Malviya Nagar has been done with utmost love & perfection. He has handpicked everything: be it the flower pots or the furniture. Each furniture was of low height and in sync with the wall colours, the best of the lot being the Japanese dining table placed near the balcony, at a place from where he could sit and watch the open sky. He had to pay a hefty deposit for this house, for getting such a place in Delhi was a dream of many. But, not all were Akhilesh! A smile came on his lips as he recalled the efforts invested behind this small piece of property. He ran his fingers through his long hair and scanned through the room. He has painted the walls with utmost care and each stroke reflected his perfection. Though he has picked up some chicken tandoori and roti from the shop downstairs, he had no appetite. Keeping his shoes on the rack,

A Pinch of Selfishness

It was becoming customary for Hiya to steal some time for herself at this hour of the evening. With a strong mug of coffee in her hand, she stood in her terrace, looking past the horizon. All through her life, she has been a sorted daughter, wife, daughter-in-law and a conventional professional. But, recently Hiya has started feeling endangered. Her disciplined, analytical and systematic life has been slipping out of her hands, recently. Since last 6 months, her thoughts were not in her control and her actions were against her principles. She vividly remembers the 1 st time she has seen the baby, her baby, her son. That was a moment of numbness: the last drop of emotion was somehow quenched out of her. For a second, she had sensed a drop of tear near the corner of her left eye. But, later on she had reconfirmed to herself that it was just her delusion. Love… what an insignificant expression. She doesn’t love her son. They don’t love their son.   Their feeling for their son wa